Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Best Ever Hummus
This is seriously the Best Ever Hummus! It's creamy, super smooth, and oh so good. Homemade Hummus is so much better, nothing compares to the taste and quality of homemade and it's ready in just 15 minutes!
- 15 oz chickpeas with liquid, 1 can
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin ground
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ½ cup tahini paste
- ½ cup water
Cook chickpeas: Add the chickpeas with liquid to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until most of the liquid has cooked off. Let the chickpeas cool for about 5 minutes.
Process in a food processor: Add the chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients, minus the water, to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add water if the hummus is too thick up to 1/2 cup or until the desired consistency is achieved.
Serve: Transfer hummus to a dish and drizzle some olive oil over it, then sprinkle with parsley and roasted chickpeas.
- Tahini paste is a condiment made from toasted sesame seeds and oil. It's a staple in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cooking.
- To make the roasted chickpeas, add some chickpeas without liquid to a bowl, season with cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and drizzle with some olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 F degrees for about 30 minutes or until crispy and crunchy.
- Storage: Store leftover hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 7 days.
- Freezing: Freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty bags for 3 to 4 months.
- Nutrition: Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 3.1mg