Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Bacon Corn Dip
This Bacon Corn Dip is creamy, cheesy, spicy and simply decadent. Let's not forget it's loaded with corn and bacon, because bacon makes everything better. Perfect snack or appetizer!
- 8 oz bacon chopped, uncooked
- 4 oz pickled jalapeños chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups corn about 5 ears), cut from the cob
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper or to taste
Add the chopped bacon to a large oven safe skillet and cook until browned and crispy. Do not drain the fat.
Stir in the jalapeños and garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until the garlic is aromatic.
Stir in the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn is golden and starts to char. Should take 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the mayonnaise, green onions and 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese. Stir everything together well, then season with salt and pepper as needed.
Top with remaining mozzarella cheese then place under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown on top.
Top with more green onions or other herbs like cilantro if desired. Serve hot with tortilla chips or crackers.
- The pickled jalapeños I used were quite spicy, so if you prefer less spicy, you can used canned green chiles instead. Also fresh jalapeños will work as well in this recipe.
- Other cheeses that would work well would be Monterey Jack cheese, provolone or gruyere cheese.
- This bacon corn dip can be made ahead of time. Simply do everything up to and including step 5, then let it cool. Once cooled cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and keep in the refrigerator until ready to pop in the oven and broil.
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 925mg | Potassium: 294mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 720IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 1mg