Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Beef Brisket Gyros
These Beef Brisket Gyros are loaded with Mediterranean flavors, super quick to prepare and totally delicious. Cook the Beef Brisket in your oven, slow cooker or Instant Pot, but the end result is always the same. Tender, juicy, fall apart in your mouth beef!
- 4 lb beef brisket
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth low sodium
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tbsp dill dried
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper or to taste
Preheat your oven to 325 F degrees.
Add all the dry rub ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine.
Rub the dry rub all over the brisket on both sides, using your hands.
Add the olive oil to a large skillet (mine is 10 1/2 inches in diameter) and heat over medium-high heat. Add the brisket to the skillet and sear on both sides until browned.
Turn off the heat and add the beef broth to the skillet. Cover the skillet with aluminum foil and place the skillet in the oven on the middle rack. Bake for 4 hours.
Remove the skillet from the oven and remove the aluminum foil. Place the brisket on a cutting board then cover with the aluminum foil and let the brisket rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
Slice the brisket as thinly as you can.
Assemble gyros. Warm up pita breads first in the microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Place a pita bread on a piece of parchment paper. Add a few slices of brisket, then top with some tzatziki sauce and finally with Greek salad. Roll up the wrap, enclosing it with the parchment paper. Twist the end of the paper if needed. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Although you could use any other slow cooking cut of beef, I recommend beef brisket. Recommended time is 1 hour per pound of meat, so if you have a smaller or larger piece of meat, adjust the cooking time as needed.
- You can find Tzatziki recipe here and the Greek salad recipe here.
- SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS: Follow the same instructions, but instead of the oven, place the brisket in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for about 5 hours.
- INSTANT POT/PRESSURE COOKER: Follow the same instructions, you can even sear the meat in the Instant Pot, then add the beef broth and set the IP to manual for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Nutrition: Nutritional information assumes 8 gyros using 4 lb of beef brisket and nutritional information displayed is for 1 gyro. Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1gyro | Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 778mg | Potassium: 1035mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1235IU | Vitamin C: 23.2mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 5.7mg