Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Baked Chicken Breast
This Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipe makes the best, easiest, juiciest chicken breasts, deliciously seasoned then baked to perfection! An easy weeknight meal that can be served along any side dish!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken breast boneless and skinless (about 6)
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted, cut into 6 equal size pieces
Heat the oven to 450 F degrees.
In a small bowl whisk all the dry rub ingredients together; set aside.
Pat the chicken breast dry with a paper towel. Drizzle about 1 tbsp of olive oil over the bottom of a baking dish and brush it over the bottom to cover the entire surface. Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish and brush the remaining olive oil over both sides of the chicken.
Sprinkle half of the rub over one side of the chicken breasts then flip them over and sprinkle the other side with the remaining rub. Use your hands if necessary to make sure the entire breasts are seasoned.
Place a piece of butter on each chicken breast.
Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for 18 to 25 minutes. The baking time could differ depending on the thickness of the chicken breast. The breast is cooked when it's completely opaque all the way through and registers 165 to 170 F on an instant-read thermometer.
Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite side dish.
- Chicken thighs or drumsticks can also be used. Bake them until the internal temperature reaches 165 F degrees.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen in an air tight container for up to 3 months.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1breast | Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 459mg | Potassium: 882mg | Vitamin A: 775IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1.4mg