Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
This Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is your answer to a busy weeknight dinner. We're talking creamy, cheesy rice casserole loaded with Ranch chicken and bacon!
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp ranch dressing mix (1 packet or 1 oz)
- 1 ½ cups white rice uncooked, I used a short grain rice
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 slices bacon fried and chopped
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added
- ½ cup half and half *
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
In a medium size bowl toss the chicken together with the olive oil and 2 tbsp of the ranch seasoning mix; set aside.
In a 9x13-inch casserole dish combine the rice, onion, garlic, half of the bacon, chicken broth, half and half and the remaining tbsp of ranch seasoning mix. Add the chicken and stir everything together.
Top with remaining bacon and cheddar cheese. Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes covered, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Half and Half: Half and half has 12 percent fat content. Heavy cream can also be used. It is also called heavy whipping cream because it's whipping cream with a milk fat content between 36 and 40 percent.
- CHICKEN: I prefer chicken breast in this casserole dish, but boneless skinless thighs can be used as well.
- RICE: I prefer a short grain rice in this casserole because I like a stickier rice for a casserole dish, but a longer grain rice would work as well. Also brown rice can be used as well, but the cooking time would be a bit longer.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 559mg | Potassium: 277mg | Vitamin A: 240IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 0.6mg