Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cajun Chicken Pasta
This is the best Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe! It's creamy, cheesy, loaded with flavor, and on the table in 30 minutes! An easy weeknight dinner your whole family will love.
- 8 oz penne (2 cups) uncooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast (2 chicken breasts) boneless and skinless, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 links smoked sausage cut into slices
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
Cook pasta: Cook the pasta according to package instructions until it's al dente (cooked until it's still firm when bitten). Drain and set aside.
Cook Chicken: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken to the skillet, then sprinkle with the cajun seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through, should take about 5 minutes.
Add sausage: Stir in the sausage and cook for a couple more minutes until the sausage starts to brown.
Add garlic and parsley: Add the garlic, parsley to the skillet and stir. Cook for 30 seconds until the garlic becomes aromatic.
Add half and half: Add the half and half and cook until it comes to a boil. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
Stir in pasta: Add the penne and stir everything together.
Garnish and serve: Garnish with more parmesan cheese and parsley if preferred and serve while warm.
- Half and Half: Half and half has 12 percent fat content. Heavy cream can also be used. It is also called heavy whipping cream because it's whipping cream with a milk fat content between 36 and 40 percent.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days. Make sure to refrigerate within two hours of cooking. Keep in mind that the pasta will soak up all the sauce.
- Make ahead: Make the sauce ahead, then refrigerate. When ready to serve cook the pasta, then add the pasta to the sauce and cook until heated through.
- Nutrition: Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 770kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 157mg | Sodium: 869mg | Potassium: 896mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2650IU | Vitamin C: 8.2mg | Calcium: 458mg | Iron: 2.7mg