Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta
This Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta is loaded with chicken, tomatoes, deliciously cheesy and a creamy sauce. Ready in 30 minutes!
- 8 oz rotini pasta uncooked
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 lb chicken breast skinless and boneless, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 6 green onions chopped
- ½ cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added
- 1 cup mozarella cheese shredded
Cook the pasta according to package instructions until it's al dente (cooked until it's still firm when bitten). Drain and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken to the skillet, then sprinkle with the chili powder, red chili flakes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through, should take about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, green onions and parsley. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the half and half, chicken broth and cook until it comes to a boil.
Add the rotini pasta and stir everything together.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and parsley if preferred. Serve while warm.
- Half and Half: Half and half has 12 percent fat content. Heavy cream can also be used. It is also called heavy whipping cream because it's whipping cream with a milk fat content between 36 and 40 percent.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days. Make sure to refrigerate within two hours of cooking. Keep in mind that the pasta will soak up all the sauce.
- Make ahead: Make the sauce ahead, then refrigerate. When ready to serve cook the pasta, then add the pasta to the sauce and cook until heated through.
- Nutrition: Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 615kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 723mg | Potassium: 954mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3085IU | Vitamin C: 20.4mg | Calcium: 265mg | Iron: 2.9mg