Add to Collection
Go to Collections
This easy cheesy Caprese Chicken is so over-the-top delicious! In only 45 minutes, you will have perfectly cooked chicken breasts and a sauce that you'll want to put on everything.
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning or to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup mozarella cheese shredded
- 2-3 tbsp fresh basil chiffonade*
- Balsamic glaze to taste
Preheat your oven to 400F.
Generously season your chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning on both sides. Drizzle the olive oil to coat the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Add the chicken and cherry tomatoes. Disperse the tomatoes evenly around the chicken.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until the breasts reach an internal temperature of 165F in the thickest part. Take the baking dish out of the oven, and put about 1/3 cup of the mozzarella over each chicken breast. Return the dish to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
Sprinkle the basil over the chicken. Serve the chicken with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Instead of mozzarella you can use gouda, mild cheddar, provolone, havarti, gruyere, or other mild melty cheese that you like. You can add or subtract the amount of cheese to suit your preference.
- You can leave the cherry tomatoes whole if you like. You can also use any type of tomato that you prefer, cut into bite sized pieces.
- This recipe can be used for chicken thighs as well.
- You can serve these over pasta, chicken, rice, etc. to use up the sauce in the pan.
- * To chiffonade basil, stack the leaves flat on top of each other. Roll them tightly lengthwise, and slice the roll thinly crosswise.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 764mg | Potassium: 684mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 24.3mg | Calcium: 232mg | Iron: 1.9mg