Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Honey Garlic Shrimp
This Sweet and Zesty Honey Garlic Shrimp is ready in just 15 minutes. It's super easy to make, a handful of ingredients, no marinating required and no fail results.
- 6 tbsp butter unsalted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 ½ lb shrimp peeled, deveined, tail on
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
Add the butter to a large skillet and melt it over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted completely, cook for another minute. Make sure to watch it so it doesn't burn.
Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, again watching it so the garlic doesn't burn.
Add the lemon juice, honey, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and stir it all together. Cook for 1 minute, you'll notice the sauce will thicken a bit.
Pour out about 3/4 of the butter garlic mixture into a cup or bowl and set aside. Leave the rest of the butter mixture in the skillet.
Add the shrimp to the skillet and sear on both sides for about 2 minutes per side, just until it turns pink and it's no longer opaque. You might have to do this in 2 batches, so you don't overcrowd the shrimp in the skillet.
Once all the shrimp has been cooked, add them all back to the skillet and pour the reserved butter garlic sauce over the shrimp. Garnish with parsley and remove from heat.
Serve with lemon wedges, over rice or with a salad.
- This honey garlic shrimp is best served right away. However, if you have leftovers, store the shrimp in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 or 4 days.
- This shrimp is great served over a bed of basmati or jasmine rice. If you’re looking to keep it low carb, try serving this over cauliflower fried rice.
- You can also serve this with a salad or with steamed vegetables.
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 474mg | Sodium: 1474mg | Potassium: 206mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 730IU | Vitamin C: 27.6mg | Calcium: 267mg | Iron: 4.1mg