Add to Collection
Go to Collections
These Classic Deviled Eggs are devilishly delicious and perfect for an appetizer. Their simplicity makes them ideal for every occasion, yet elegant enough for the big holidays!
- 1 pinch paprika either smoked or sweet
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
Slice egg whites: Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and spoon out the egg yolk to a bowl. Place the egg whites onto a clean dry plate or platter.
Make the filling: Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, with the exception of the paprika and chives and mash everything together.
Fill the eggs: Using a small ice cream scoop fill the egg whites with the filling. Alternatively, you can use a teaspoon or a piping bag to pipe filling into the egg whites.
Garnish and serve: Sprinkle each deviled egg with paprika and garnish with chives.
Leftovers: Eggs are a perishable food item, so you must keep them chilled at all times. Store them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Unfortunately they will not last more than 2 days.
Nutrition: Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Bring the water to a boil. Don't let the eggs sit in the water as it comes up to heat - wait until the water is hot.
- Drop the eggs in cold - straight from the fridge. Don't let them come to room temperature first. Also, avoid using any eggs that have a hairline fracture. It will become apparent right away when you place the egg in the water.
- Reduce the heat slightly, so the water is still boiling but not splattering all over the stovetop. Let the eggs cook for 11 minutes. We used large eggs, so you will have to adjust the time if your eggs are a different size.
- Transfer the eggs immediately to an ice bath. Make sure there's lots of ice so the heat from the eggs doesn't reduce the temperature of the water. Let them sit in the ice bath for 10 minutes.
- Lightly tap all around the eggs to crack their shells. Carefully peel pieces of the shell away using your thumbs. Underneath you'll have a perfect hardboiled egg!
Serving: 1half | Calories: 60kcal | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 31mg | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.3mg