Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Sausage Pepper Pasta
This Sausage Pepper Pasta is easy, flavorful and the answer to what you're making for supper tonight. It's simple, quick, packed full of savory and hearty flavor, and the best part? It's all made in 30 minutes!
- 1 lb pasta such as penne, shells or bow tie
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausages mild or hot, sliced into bite size pieces
- 3 medium peppers different colors, diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 28 oz diced tomato 1 can
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper or to taste
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated, optional
Cook the pasta: According to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Brown the sausage: Add the olive oil to a large skillet or Dutch oven and heat over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Saute the sauteables: Add the bell peppers, onions, garlic and saute for a few minutes until the onions soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, cooked sausage to the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
Finish the dish: Toss in the pasta and garnish with parsley. If using, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve warm.
- Store this pasta in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last 4-5 days, which makes it perfect for your weekly meal-prep!
- In an airtight container, this pasta will last 3-6 months in your freezer. I would freeze this in individual servings so that it will be easier to thaw. You can thaw this in the microwave, or covered in the oven at 350 F until the pasta is heated through.
- If you reheat in the oven, the pasta will absorb some of the sauce. Keeping it covered will help it from getting dry.
Calories: 638kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 900mg | Potassium: 743mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Vitamin C: 63mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 4mg