Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Instant Pot Baked Beans
This Instant Pot Baked Beans recipe may be the easiest one you've made to date! So Simple, savory, and fully loaded with flavor, they make for the perfect side dish or even it's own meal!
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp rosemary chopped, fresh
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper or to taste
- 4 slices bacon thick cut, chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper any color, chopped
- ½ cup beef broth low sodium, or chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 45 oz navy beans (3 cans) drained and rinsed
Whisk: In a medium bowl whisk together the ketchup, molasses, mustard powder, rosemary, Worcestershire, and salt and pepper; set aside.
Saute: In the instant pot using the "saute" function, add the bacon, onion, bell pepper, and garlic and let cook (uncovered) for about 6 minutes or until the bacon begins to get crisp. Then, turn off the instant pot - press cancel - and drain any excess fat/grease if necessary.
Cook: Stir the beans into the instant pot. Next, pour the beef broth and the whisked sauce over the beans; do not stir! Cover and lock the lid, select "manual or pressure cook" and cook at high temperature for 8 minutes. When cooking is complete, release the pressure using the natural release function. Releasing the pressure can take anywhere from 10 - 15 minutes.
Serve: Once the pressure has released, unlock and remove the lid. Give the beans a nice stir and serve warm!
- The reason we do not stir or mix the beans with the sauce is because this helps keep things that might scorch from touching the bottom.
- These baked beans will last in the fridge for 3 - 4 days, when stored in a sealed airtight container. They also freeze really well, if stored in an airtight container or well wrapped, will extend the life for 4 -6 months.
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 531mg | Potassium: 997mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 627IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 5mg