Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
This Oven Baked Chicken Thighs recipe is a force to be reckoned with! Simple and deliciously baked chicken with a mustard, honey glaze - this dish is definitely going to be a top-contender in your weekly recipe planning!
- 2 lb chicken thighs bone-in skin-on
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees.
Place the chicken thighs in a bowl and season them generously with salt and pepper.
Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
Pour the sauce over the thighs and toss them well.
Transfer the chicken thighs to a 9x13 inch baking dish including any remaining sauce. No need to grease the dish.
Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until the chicken thighs have an internal temperature of 165 F degrees and skin is crispy.
Transfer the chicken to a serving plate, cover with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs can also be used, but they will bake fast, they should only require 20 to 25 minutes in the oven.
- The honey mustard glaze is completely optional. For a simpler chicken thigh recipe, simply season the thighs with salt and pepper, drizzle a couple tbsp of olive oil in the baking dish and bake as instructed.
- When stored or wrapped well, this oven baked chicken is going to last in the fridge for up to 3 days. I recommend freezing it to extend its shelf life. When stored in a sealed airtight container, the chicken will last in the freezer for 4 - 6 months.
Serving: 1thigh | Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 563mg | Potassium: 322mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 143IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg