Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Skillet Green Beans
This simple Skillet Green Beans recipe with lemon and garlic is ready in 30 minutes and goes great with any meal! It can't get more simple than a handful of ingredients in one pan - you're going to love them!
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper or to taste
- ¼ cup chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
Prepare the skillet: Heat the skillet over medium heat and melt the butter. Once melted, add the garlic and let it saute for about 30 seconds, or until it becomes aromatic.
Cook the beans: Stir in the green beans, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt pepper and broth. Cover the skillet and cook for 10 - 12 minutes; stirring occasionally.
Finish the dish: Uncover the skillet, turn heat down to medium-low and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, just until the green beans start to char a bit. Finally, stir in the lemon juice, garnish with parsley and serve warm!
- In the fridge your green beans will last about 3 - 4 days, stored in an airtight container.
- They also freeze really well, so if you'd like to extend the shelf life of the beans, store them in an airtight container or tightly wrapped and they'll last for for 4 - 6 months.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1096IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg