Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Flourless Chocolate Cake
This is the best Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe out there! It is incredibly simple to make and has an absolutely delicious texture! Only a handful of ingredients and an easy chocolate ganache, this gluten-free cake will come out perfect every single time.
- 1 ¾ cups bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp whipping cream
- 6 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 ¼ cups bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 2 cups sliced almonds toasted
Grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter and line the bottom of it with parchment paper. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt the 1 3/4 cups of chocolate with the butter over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in the vanilla, then let cool completely.
Add the eggs and sugar to the bowl of your mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in the chocolate, 1/3 at a time, until well blended. Pour into the prepared pan.
Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the cake is lightly cracked, about 45 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cake from the pan. Let cool.
Once the cake has cooled, remove it from the pan. Invert the cake onto a serving plate. Set aside.
In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, stir the whipping cream with the corn syrup over medium heat until almost simmering. Reduce the heat to low and add in the remaining chocolate. Continue stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
Pour ganache over cooled cake and spread it to cover the cake completely. Press almonds around the edge of the cake.
Refrigerate for 1 hour before slicing and serving.
- At room temperature this cake will last about 1 - 2 days stored in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap.
- If you plan to keep the cake in the fridge to extend the shelf life make sure that you remove from the fridge for 1 - 2 hours before serving. It will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- This cake freezes exceptionally well. Properly wrapped or sealed in an airtight container the cake will last up to 4 - 6 months!
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 529kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 526IU | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 3mg