Add to Collection
Go to Collections
This Pasta Primavera recipe consists of warm penne bursting with roasted vegetables and parmesan. A flavorful pasta dish ready in a flash and packed with fresh, healthy veggies. A simple one pot dish that's ready in only 30 minutes.
- 10 oz penne uncooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 lb asparagus fresh, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 small zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 lemon cut in wedges
Cook the penne according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the asparagus, mushrooms and zucchini to the skillet and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the shredded carrot, tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, stir and cook for another minute until the tomatoes begin to soften.
Stir in the cooked penne, 1/2 cup of the cheese and some pasta water as needed. Serve and top with remaining Parmesan cheese and lemon wedges.
- Leftovers can be stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- To freeze, transfer the pasta to an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Calories: 512kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 726mg | Potassium: 971mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 4082IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 397mg | Iron: 5mg