Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Dutch Baby Pancake
This Dutch Baby Pancake is large, fluffy and makes for a fantastic breakfast, brunch, lunch or dessert, any time of year. With only 5 minutes of prep and 20 minutes of bake time, you can have this mouthwatering, oversized pancake on your table - ready to devour.
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 2/3 cup milk at room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar same as icing sugar or confectioners sugar
- 3 cups mixed berries fresh
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
To a blender add the eggs, milk, flour, salt, vanilla and blend until the batter is smooth.
Melt the 3 tbsp of butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet until bubbling, in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes or right on your stovetop. If you do this in the oven, be careful handling your skillet as it will get hot.
Pour the batter into the center of the skillet, do not mix the batter with the melted butter, and carefully transfer it back to the oven to bake until puffed and golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the oven and immediately brush the pancake with melted butter and drizzle the lemon juice over the top. Add some berries and dust with powdered sugar before serving, if preferred.
- Fridge: Since dutch baby pancakes contain dairy and eggs - leftovers will only keep for up to 5 days in the fridge, but it's best right after it's made.
- Freezer: You can also freeze your leftovers for up to 2 months, but the consistency and texture of your pancake might not be the same.
- Reheating: To reheat leftovers you can cut out a piece, pop it in the microwave and boom, you have breakfast ready to go. If you aren't a fan of the microwave you can pop it back in the oven until it is heated through.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 466IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg