Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Quick Yeast Dinner Rolls
These Quick Yeast Dinner Rolls make baking from scratch a breeze! Homemade rolls will be ready to accompany your dinner in less than an hour. They're soft, pillowy, and perfect still warm with a pat of butter. Your home will smell like a bakery and your tummies will be thanking you.
- 1 cup water lukewarm (~110F)
- 2 tbsp sugar granulated
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 3-4 cups all-purpose flour all-purpose
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ cup butter unsalted, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
Make the dough: To the bowl of your mixer add the flour, start with 3 cups of flour, sugar, salt, egg, water, butter and sprinkle the yeast over. Use the dough hook to mix on low speed, until the dough basically comes clean from the side of the bowl. Add the remaining flour if needed. The dough is soft, but not sticky and it’s ready when it comes clean from the side of the bowl. Should take about 4 to 5 minutes.
Prep the skillet or pan: Brush a 12 inch skillet or 9x13-inch pan with butter.
Shape rolls: Cut the dough into 12 equal-sized pieces. To shape each piece into a roll, take a piece and flatten it with your palm or fingers. Fold it up into a ball by pinching the sides together, turn it over and roll it briefly. Place them in the prepared skillet or pan.
Preheat the oven: Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees. In the meantime place the rolls in a warm environment, covered with a clean damp towel and let rise while the oven preheats, 8 to 10 minutes.
Bake: Remove the damp towel and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown on the top. Remove the baking dish or skillet from the oven and immediately brush the buns with melted butter.
- I only used about 3 1/4 cups of flour because I live in a very dry climate, so usually when I make dough it requires more moisture. Start with 3 cups of flour and as necessary.
- If you want 12 perfectly equal in size rolls, I sometimes weigh them. I weigh the whole dough then divide it by 12, then weigh each roll to make sure they're equal in size. This way you end up with 12 perfect beautiful rolls.
- These dinner will last up to 5 days at room temperature or 9 days in the fridge. You can warm them up for a few seconds in the microwave before serving if you'd like.
Serving: 1roll | Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 197IU | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 2mg