Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast - Dinner this delicious has never been so easy! Made with fork-tender chuck roast, tangy pickled pepperoncini, and simple seasonings. Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and bask in the greatness of such a simple creation!
- 3-5 lbs chuck roast cubed, 2" pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup pepperoncini juice from the jar
- ¾ cup beef broth low or no sodium
- 1 oz ranch seasoning 1 packet
- 1 oz onion soup mix 1 packet
- 5-10 pepperoncini as per your spice preference
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted, cut into 4-6 slices
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
Sear: Heat the olive oil in your Instant Pot on the sauté setting. Add the beef cubes, working in batches if needed, and sear them on all sides. Set the beef cubes aside.
De-glaze: Pour the pepperoncini juice and beef broth into the Instant Pot and scrape up all the bits from the bottom.
Arrange: Add the beef back to the pot. Add the ranch dressing, onion soup mix and pepperoncini to the pot and give it a stir to coat in the the liquid. Arrange the butter over the beef.
Cook: Secure the Instant Pot lid and turn the valve from VENT to SEAL. Cook on high pressure for 60 minutes, then let the pressure release for 15 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure.
Shred: Transfer the beef from the Instant Pot to a bowl and shred it with two forks. Meanwhile, bring the sauce to a bubble over the sauté setting.
Thicken: Whisk the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl, and stir it into the sauce. Stir until it thickens. Add the shredded meat back to the Instant Pot and stir to coat well in the sauce.
- Let your leftovers fully cool down to room temperature before transferring to an airtight container and storing in the fridge. They will last 3-4 days.
- You can reheat in the microwave at 20-30 second intervals, stirring in between. You can also reheat in a saucepan or skillet over medium heat. Add a splash of water or beef broth if you find the sauce is drying out.
Calories: 544kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 1123mg | Potassium: 868mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 5mg