Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Korean Beef Stir Fry
A delicious Korean Beef Stir Fry made with simple Asian inspired ingredients that cooks in just 5 minutes. Tender, melt in your mouth rib eye steak strips, tossed with an incredible sauce, all cooked to perfection.
- 2 rib eye steaks or sirloin, cut against the grain into thin strips (8 oz each)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot shredded or cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions cut into long strips
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds for garnish
Marinate the Beef: In a large bowl, add the beef and all the marinade ingredients. Toss well and marinade for 10 minutes, while prepping all the other ingredients.
Make the Sauce: Make the sauce by whisking all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
Cook: Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet then add the onion and carrot and cook for 1 minute over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the prepared beef and spread it out as much as possible. Let it sear, without touching them for 2 minutes and then toss. Cook for another minute, tossing as necessary.
Finish & Serve: Stir in the sauce and mix until combined. Add the green onions and toss. Drizzle with sesame oil and remove from heat. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve over cooked rice.
- I like to add dark soy sauce to darken the stir fry a bit, if you can't find it, regular soy sauce will work!
- Baking soda is the secret ingredient to melt in your mouth beef! It also works on chicken or pork.
- I usually find Gochujang in the Asian aisle of my grocery store, or visit your local Asian market. You can use any of your favourite hot sauces, but I find that Sriracha and Sambal Oelek are the most similar in flavor.
- Transfer leftover stir fry to an airtight container and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- If you want to keep leftovers longer, pop them into an airtight container and place in the freezer. Your leftover stir fry will keep for 3–4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1474mg | Potassium: 553mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2655IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3mg