Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Moo Shu Pork
This Moo Shu Pork recipe is super quick and easy to make! Made entirely in one pot, this less than 30 minute dish is chock full of tender pork, fresh and vibrant veggies, as well as bold, sweet and savory flavors.
Moo Shu Pork
- 1 lb pork chops boneless, sliced thinly, or pork tenderloin
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 3 green onions chopped into 1" pieces, cut on the diagonal
- ½ cup radishes sliced
Marinate Pork: In a ziploc bag, combine all the marinade ingredients together. Reserve ½ cup of the marinade mixture. Add the pork pieces to the bag and toss well until the meat is evenly coated in the marinade. Set aside for 5 minutes.
Cook: Add the peanut oil to a large skillet and heat over high heat. Add the meat from the marinade to the skillet, discarding the remaining marinade in the bag. Saute the pork for 2 to 3 minutes, breaking it up with your tongs, until lightly browned. Add the vegetables and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in the reserved ½ cup sauce and cook for another minute, until sauce thickens.
Serve: Serve over tortillas or Chinese pancakes and drizzle with additional hoisin sauce. Garnish with green onions and radishes.
- Not a fan of pork? Use chicken or beef! Keep in mind when using different proteins, the cook time can vary.
- Instead of taking the time to chop up the cabbage, use a bag of coleslaw!
- You can buy packages of pre-sliced shiitake mushrooms at most grocery stores, but if you can’t find shiitakes, white button or baby-bella mushrooms will also work.
- Transfer leftover moo shu pork to an airtight container and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- If you want to keep leftovers longer, pop them into an airtight container and place in the freezer. Your leftover moo shu pork will keep for 3–4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 895mg | Potassium: 837mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 408IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg