Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Sweet Chili Chicken
This Sweet Chili Chicken is such a tasty and easy recipe to make. Crispy chicken breast pieces coated in delicious sweet chili sauce. This dish has such amazing flavors, it will surely become your go to meal for busy weeknights!
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless and skinless, cut into long strips, 1-inch wide
- vegetable oil for frying
Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 4 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 red chili sliced
Prep the chicken: In a large shallow plate, combine the flour, cornstarch and salt together. Dredge the chicken through the flour mixture and set aside.
Fry the chicken: To a large skillet, add about ½ to ¾ inch of oil and heat it until it's at 350°F. Add the chicken to the skillet, make sure the pieces don't touch each other and fry on both sides until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the cooked chicken to a paper towel lined plate and repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
Make the sauce: Discard all the oil from the skillet and add the sesame oil and butter and heat until the butter has melted. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until aromatic on low heat. Add the remaining sauce ingredients to the skillet, stir and cook for 1 minute.
Toss the chicken with the sauce: Transfer all the chicken to the skillet, toss well so the chicken is well coated and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes over low heat or until the chicken is heated through.
Garnish and serve: Garnish with green onions and red chilies and serve.
- After you fry the chicken, make sure you place a paper towel on the plate to soak up any extra oil and to leave the chicken nice and crispy.
- Don't overcook the chicken, you just want to cook it until golden brown and crispy.
- Make sure to season to your taste. If you find the flavor to be not as bold as you'd like, go ahead and add more spices to the sauce.
- Store leftover sweet chili chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Freeze this in an airtight containers for up to 3 months! Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge before heating back up in the oven, on the stove, or on the microwave.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 863mg | Potassium: 520mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2mg