Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Fiesta Chicken Skillet Cobbler
This Fiesta Chicken Skillet Cobbler will rock your world, well at least your dinner! It's cheesy and delicious but also loaded with veggies and topped with an impossibly easy crust!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
For Fiesta Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic about 2 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 14.5 oz black beans (1 can)
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped green onions
- chopped cilantro
- sour cream
Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees.
In a medium sized bowl whisk together the crust ingredients until well incorporated. Set aside.
In a large cast iron skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, until it's no longer pink. Add the onion, garlic, cumin and chili powder and cook for another 3 minutes the onion is soft.
Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, pickled jalapeños and stir. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Stir in the fresh cilantro, cook for 2 more minutes.
Spoon the crust mix evenly over chicken and top with the Monterey Jack cheese and the cheddar cheese.
Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until golden on top.
Top with chopped tomatoes, green onions and more cilantro if preferred before serving.
- You can use chicken thighs if you prefer.
- This skillet I used is 10 1/2".
- If you don't want pre-made biscuit mix then use 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tbsp of shortening or melted butter instead.
Store in an airtight container for 3 – 4 days in the fridge. If freezing ensure that your dish is wrapped in both plastic wrap and aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. Be sure that your dish has fully cooled before it is placed in either the freezer or fridge.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 507kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 1146mg | Potassium: 775mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 900IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 452mg | Iron: 4.2mg