Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Couscous Pilaf with Sauteed Mushrooms
A delicious and simple to make Couscous Pilaf with Sautéed Mushrooms that features white wine, peas, and a delicious blend of spices. This is perfect as a side dish or a meal on its own and ready in only 30 minutes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 14 oz sliced mushrooms I used cremini
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup white wine I used Pinot Grigio
- 1 cup dry couscous I used Israeli couscous
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp hot sauce I used Sriracha (optional)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
In a large skillet heat the 1 tbsp of the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and saute until they start to brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
In the same skillet add the remaining olive oil, add chopped onion, celery, carrot and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the onion is translucent and celery is tender.
Add the coriander, cumin, onion powder and stir in the white wine. Add the couscous and vegetable stock, season with salt and pepper and stir well. Turn the heat down and cook for about 7 minutes. At this point most of the liquid should be absorbed.
Add the hot sauce and frozen peas and continue cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes until the remainder of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the mushrooms.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm.
- Couscous are small balls of pasta. You can find it at your local grocery store. If you can't find pearl couscous, regular couscous will also work.
- This recipe will last for 3 - 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge. This dish also freezes well for those of us who like to make our dishes ahead of time, just place in a sturdy freezer bag and it'll keep for 3 - 4 months.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 537mg | Potassium: 689mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3430IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2.2mg