Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Thai Red Chicken Curry
This Thai Red Chicken Curry is incredibly delicious, so easy to make with bite size chicken pieces, snow peas and simmered in a red curry and coconut milk sauce. Thai cooking in under 30 minutes and all in one pot!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root peeled and finely grated
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless and cut into bite size pieces, about 3
- 13.5 oz coconut milk (1 can)
- 2 to 4 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 3/4 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 5 oz snow peas roughly chopped
- 4 leaves kaffir lime
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 stalks lemongrass bruised *
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
Heat the olive oil in a Dutch Oven or a large wok or skillet until hot. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for about 30 seconds over high heat, until it gets aromatic.
Turn the heat down to medium-high and add the chicken pieces to the pot and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink.
Stir in the coconut milk, curry paste, chicken broth, snow peas, kaffir lime leaves, sugar and lemon grass. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Remove the kaffir lime leaves and lemon grass from the pot. Remove from heat and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Serve immediately over cooked rice.
- *To bruise the lemongrass, use a meat mallet or the back of a knife to lightly crush it. This will ensure you get the most flavor into your curry.
- You can leave the kaffir lime leaves and lemon grass stalks in the dish, and just push them to the side of your plate when eating, since they are too tough to eat.
- You can store remaining kaffir lime leaves in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks. You can also freeze them in a sealed ziploc bag or airtight container.
- Nutritional information does not include cooked rice.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.7g | Protein: 24.9g | Fat: 25.8g | Saturated Fat: 16.7g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 432mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar: 4.6g