Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Sweet Potato Casserole
This Sweet Potato Casserole is a classic Thanksgiving casserole with a crispy cornflake and pecan topping and marshmallows. Sweet, crispy and delicious! A must have on your Thanksgiving table!
- 3 lb sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into cubes then cooked (about 5 or 6 large)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted, or margarine
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk I used 3.25%
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 cup cornflakes crushed
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
Add the sweet potatoes, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla extract, milk, egg and salt to a large bowl and mash with a potato masher. You can use a hand mixer as well if you wish.
Spread the mashed sweet potatoes in the prepared casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
While the casserole is baking, add the cornflakes, pecans, butter and brown sugar to a medium size bowl and toss everything together.
Top with marshmallows in the center of the casserole, then sprinkle the cornflake mixture around the marshmallows.
Place the dish back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffed and golden brown.
- Store leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 281mg | Potassium: 824mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 32610IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 3mg