Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
Easy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake - A simple, no-fuss dinner that you can easily make right at home with very few ingredients and ready in just 30 minutes.
- 16 oz pasta uncooked, I used elbow macaroni
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
Turn your broiler on. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 2 cups of pasta water.
In a large skillet melt 1 tbsp of the butter. Add chicken pieces and cook just until chicken is no longer pink and is beginning to slightly brown. Remove chicken from skillet.
In the same skillet, add remaining butter and melt it. Pour the heavy cream in the skillet and whisk it. Add the flour and continue whisking until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper and add the Parmesan cheese. Continue whisking. By now the sauce should be pretty thick, use some of the pasta water to thin it out a bit. Add chicken and pasta to skillet and toss well.
Top with mozzarella cheese and place under the broiler for about 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and gets golden brown, checking often to make sure the top doesn't burn.
Garnish with parsley and more Parmesan cheese if preferred.
- You can store this recipe easily in the fridge. In an airtight container it’ll keep for 3 – 5 days just be sure it’s properly cooled before storing. Unfortunately this dish doesn’t freeze well so I recommend either making it day of or a few days before and storing in the fridge.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 604kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 294mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 984IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 286mg | Iron: 1mg