Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Crockpot Pork Carnitas
These Crockpot Pork Carnitas are full of incredible flavor and so easy to make. They are super versatile and perfect for tacos or burritos!
- 4 lb pork shoulder
- 1 large onion quartered
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 12 oz beer
Cut the pork shoulder into large 2 inch chunks. Trim some of the fat if needed.
In your crockpot add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Add the pork to the crockpot and stir. There should be enough liquid to cover the pork.
Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
Remove the pork from the slow cooker using a slotted spoon. Take 2 forks and start shredding the meat into smaller pieces. Pour some of the leftover liquid over the meat or strain the liquid and use it to make a gravy. See notes for instructions.
Serve on tacos, burritos, tamales, sandwiches, etc.
- To make a gravy from the leftover juices, strain the liquid through a sieve. Add the liquid to a saucepan and sprinkle 2 to 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour over it. Whisk it vigorously until smooth and comes to a boil, over medium heat.
- If you wanted crispy pork carnitas, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread the pulled pork over the prepared baking sheet and place it under the broiler for about 3 to 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Store pork carnitas leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
- Nutritional information is only for the pork caritas, not for the burritos. Calories for burritos can vary greatly based on ingredients used.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 434mg | Potassium: 1011mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 3mg