Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chicken in a Hurry
Chicken in a Hurry - the name says it all. This is the perfect chicken dish for a busy weeknight, but good enough for a fancy weekend meal. Sweet and tangy, super easy and inexpensive!
- 4 lb chicken thighs with skin and bones
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 oz french onion soup mix (1 packet)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
Arrange the chicken thighs in a large 9x13-inch baking dish or a roaster.
Pour the chicken broth over the thighs. Sprinkle the onion soup mix and brown sugar evenly over each thigh then squeeze ketchup over each thigh. If you don't have a squeeze ketchup bottle, spoon about 1/2 tbsp of ketchup over each thigh.
Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the skin is crispy and chicken is cooked through. Bone-in thighs should reach an internal temperature of 180 F degrees when they are done.
Garnish with parsley and serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
- Use any type of chicken that you'd like in this recipe. Keep the same time and temperature if you're using chicken breasts.
- BBQ sauce, tomato paste, tomato sauce, or fresh tomatoes would be a great substitute if you don't like ketchup.
- Baking time may vary depending on how many chicken thighs are in the pan or whether or not you're using skinless and boneless vs bone-in with skin.
Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
Freeze this stored in airtight containers for up to 3 months! Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge before heating back up in the oven, on the stove, or on the microwave.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 760kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 296mg | Sodium: 383mg | Potassium: 754mg | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 358IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg