Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cuban Chicharrones de Pollo
Cuban Chicharrones de Pollo - chicken thigh pieces marinated in a garlic, lime and rum marinade, dredged through flour and fried to perfection.
- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 lime cut into wedges, for serving
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice from about 4 limes
- 1/4 cup lime zest from the 4 limes
- 1/4 cup light rum
For flour mixture
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
Cut up the chicken thighs into bite size pieces. Place in a bowl or a plastic container with a lid.
Add all the marinade ingredients together in a blender or food processor and pulse until mixture is smooth. Pour the marinade over the chicken and toss the chicken pieces, making sure they're all covered in the marinade. Cover the plastic container with the lid, or if you used a bowl, cover with plastic wrap.Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to 8 hours.
In a shallow plate whisk together the ingredients for the flour mixture.
Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or a deep frying pan.
While the oil is heating up, dredge the chicken pieces through the flour mixture.
Fry a few pieces of chicken at a time, so that they don't stick together. They should take about 5 minutes before they're cooked through. You might want to cut into a piece to make sure it's no longer pink inside. Continue frying in batches until done.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with lime wedges.
- You can bake these in the oven at 375F for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- You can use thigh or breast meat for this recipe.
- You can substitute the rum for pineapple or white grape juice.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 451mg | Potassium: 350mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 345IU | Vitamin C: 36.1mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 2.8mg