Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chicharrones de Pollo
These Chicharrones de Pollo are bite size chicken thigh pieces marinated in a garlic, lime and rum marinade, dredged through flour and fried to perfection. They're perfect in tacos, served with rice or even dipped in your favorite dipping sauce.
- 1½ lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 lime cut into wedges, for serving
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup lime juice from about 4 limes
- ¼ cup lime zest from the 4 limes
- ¼ cup light rum
- 1 tsp salt
For flour mixture
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
Marinate the chicken: Add all the marinade ingredients to a bowl or ziploc bag with the chicken and toss everything, making sure the chicken is all covered in the marinade. Cover the bowl with wrap or seal the plastic bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 to 8 hours.
Prep the flour mixture: In a shallow plate whisk together the ingredients for the flour mixture.
Heat the oil: Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or a deep frying pan.
Dredge chicken through flour mixture: While the oil is heating up, dredge the chicken pieces through the flour mixture making sure the chicken is fully covered in flour.
Fry the chicken: Fry a few pieces of chicken at a time, make sure they don't touch each other. They should take about 5 minutes before they're cooked through. Continue frying in batches until done.
Garnish and serve: Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with lime wedges.
- You can bake these in the oven at 375F for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- You can use thigh or breast meat for this recipe.
- You can substitute the rum for pineapple or white grape juice.
- You can store these fully cooked in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. Feel free to crisp them up by baking them in the oven for a few minutes when ready to feast.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 866mg | Potassium: 352mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 356IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 3mg