Add to Collection
Go to Collections
The Best Egg Salad Recipe
The BEST Egg Salad – superb hard boiled eggs transformed into the ever classic egg salad. Prepared in under 15 minutes with minimal cleanup; simple, healthy - the perfect lunch.
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
Cook the eggs: In a saucepan place the eggs in enough water to cover them. Bring the water to a boil, cover the saucepan with a lid and remove from heat. Let the eggs stand in the hot boiling water covered for about 12 minutes, then remove, cool and peel.
Prep the eggs: Cut the peeled eggs in half and remove the egg yolks from them. Place the egg yolks in a bowl and mix together with the mayo, mustard and salt. Mash it together with a fork. Chop the egg whites into small pieces and add to a bowl.
Finish the egg salad: Add the yolk mixture to the chopped egg whites, add the green onions, dill, celery and mix well.
Serve: Serve on bread of choice, with some nice crisp lettuce.
- Feel free to experiment with your salad and add other briny foods like pickles or horseradish. You can also add extra veggies, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, or peppers. Your salad, your rules!
- For a creamier base, mix cold mayo with still warm yolks.
- If you hate chopping eggs by hand or want to do this faster, use a pastry blender/cutter to mash the eggs.
- Properly stored in an airtight container, your leftover egg salad will last for 3 to 5 days in the fridge.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 339mg | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 598IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2mg