Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Flaky crust and a sweet, fresh filling. This Strawberry Galette is begging to be on your table! While it has a beautiful presentation, this pastry is easier than pie to make. Featuring my tried-and-true buttery pie crust, this stunning sweet treat is a winner every time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup butter unsalted, very cold, and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water
- 3 cups strawberries cleaned and sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg for egg wash
Make the pastry by hand: Add the flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar and butter to a mixing bowl. Using two knives or a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until it resembles course sand. Add the water and mix it all together until the dough comes together. OR pastry with a food processor: Add the flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar and butter to a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles course sand. Add the water and continue to pulse until the dough comes together.
Form into balls and chill: Turn the dough over onto a floured surface and form it into a ball. Cut the ball into 2 pieces, and flatten each one into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Make the filling: Add all the filling ingredients to a bowl and mix everything together.
Prep: Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Shape and assemble: When the dough has chilled, roll each piece into a rough circle, that's maybe about 12 inches in diameter. In the middle of each circle, place 1/2 of the strawberry filling. Leave about a 2 to 3 inches border. Slowly fold up the sides of the galette over the strawberries all the way around. Repeat this with the remaining pastry and filling. Brush the pastry crust with the beaten egg.
Bake: for about 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Recipe yields 2 galettes.
- Nutritional information is per quarter of a galette.
- Store your galette, loosely covered with foil or plastic wrap, at room temperature for 2 days. You can also keep it in the fridge up to 5 days. If you choose to heat it up, it's best to reheat it in the oven at 300F for 5-10 minutes until warm. While you can use the microwave, keep in mind this method will soften the crust.
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 745IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2mg