Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pockets
These Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pockets are so much fun to make and incredibly quick and easy! Using store bought biscuits, all you need to do is whip up some cream cheese, fill up the biscuits, fry them and roll them through some cinnamon sugar. It goes without saying that these are crazy good and such a crowd pleaser!
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar same as icing sugar or confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 packages canned biscuits 10 biscuits per pack
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon ground
Beat the cream cheese in a medium sized bowl until smooth. Add half the powdered sugar and the vanilla and beat until mostly combined. Scrape down the sides, add the remaining powdered sugar, and beat until creamy.
Pop the package of biscuits. Take a biscuit and roll it out until it's about 1/4" thick. Either spoon or pipe about 1 1/2 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture into the middle of the biscuit. Fold the edges over and pinch them together. Use a fork around the edges to ensure they're fully sealed.
Heat the oil in a pot until it reaches 350F. Add a few pockets at a time, not overcrowding the pot, and let them fry for 1-2 minutes. Flip and fry for another 1-2 minutes, or until they're golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and into a paper towel lined bowl.
Stir the sugar and cinnamon together. While the pockets are still warm, but not too hot to touch, roll them through the cinnamon sugar to coat. Allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes before taking a bite.
- These tasty little treats will keep in the fridge for 3 – 4 days if kept in an airtight container.
- For advanced preparation: You can assemble the pockets through Step 2 and freeze them up to a month. First place the pockets on the baking sheet and place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze them for about an hour. After an hour, wrap the pockets in plastic wrap then place back in the freezer.
- Freezing after baking: You may also freeze these treats after baking, let it warm completely then wrap it up in plastic wrap and freeze it. That and warm it in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes.
Serving: 1pocket | Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 489mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 63IU | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg