Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Egg Roll Soup
This Egg Roll Soup is what happens when you turn your favorite ingredients from an egg roll into a soup! Super easy to make, even healthy for you, this soup will make you wanting seconds!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 small green cabbage shredded
- 1 medium carrots shredded
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 6 cups chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 green onions chopped, for garnish
Cook the chicken: Add the ground chicken to a large Dutch oven or soup pot and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
Add the veggies: Add the olive oil to the pot and heat. Add the shredded green cabbage, onion, carrots, garlic, fresh ginger and stir. Cook for about 10 minutes until the cabbage softens.
Add broth and simmer: Stir in the broth, season with salt, toasted sesame oil and simmer for 20 minutes until the cabbage is completely softened.
Garnish and serve: Serve with Sriracha sauce, soy sauce and garnished with green onions and additional sesame oil as needed.
- To maximize the shelf life of this egg roll soup for safety and quality, refrigerate it promptly in covered airtight containers. Properly stored, this soup will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- You can freeze individual servings which is perfect for bringing to work for lunch. I recommend freezing this in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags. If properly stored this soup can last in the freezer for about 2 to 3 months.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 340mg | Potassium: 886mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1855IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 2mg