Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Bacon And Beer Cheese Soup
This Bacon and Beer Cheese Soup is a rich, decadent soup loaded with cheese and bacon with a lager infused broth. Made in just one pot, this flavor enriched soup is ready to be devoured in under an hour.
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added
- 1 cup milk I used 2%
- 8 oz lager
- 12 oz cheddar cheese sharp or mild, shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
Cook the bacon in a large Dutch oven until crisp, for about 5 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper tower lined plate.
In the same Dutch oven add the onion and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until softened and translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until aromatic.
Sprinkle the flour over the onion and stir. Cook for about 3 minutes then add the broth, milk, beer and whisk. Bring to a boil then le tit simmer until thickened, 20 minutes.
Stir in the cheese and continue simmering for another 5 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Add most of the bacon and stir it in.
Serve soup ladled in bowls and garnish with remaining bacon.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- You can store this soup for up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Tip: Your cheese soup may or may not separate in the freezer, to avoid this completely - don't add the cheese until you are ready to serve the soup.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 759mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 687IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 470mg | Iron: 1mg