Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Gooey Butter Cake
This Ooey Gooey Butter Cake is a sweet, melt in your mouth, velvety cake. It's an American classic and loved by kids of all ages. It pairs fabulously well with a nice hot piping cup of tea or coffee.
Preheat oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan really well on all sides.
Mix the base cake layer: In a large bowl mix the yellow cake mix with eggs and butter. Press this into the prepared pan, use your hands or a spatula to spread it over the entire surface.
Mix the cheesecake layer: In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, butter, salt until smooth. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar. Pour over the cake layer in the pan.
Bake: Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until edges are golden brown. The middle may sink a bit.
Finish and serve: Top with additional powdered sugar. Cut into squares and serve.
- Make sure to grease your pan well to ensure the cake doesn't stick. Alternatively, you could line your pan with parchment paper.
- Your ingredients should always be at room temperature, especially the cream cheese, otherwise you'll find it difficult to mix.
- The cream cheese layer should be thoroughly mixed until smooth, at least for 3 minutes.
- Store this gooey butter cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To freeze, tightly wrap any leftover cake with plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag or airtight container for 4-5 months.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 449mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 58g | Vitamin A: 738IU | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 1mg