Add to Collection
Go to Collections
These Chocolate Rumballs coated in shredded coconut are a delightful bite sized treat sure to make you want to reach for another and another.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts finely chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups shredded coconut sweetened
Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
In the bowl of your mixer add the chocolate cake mix, eggs, milk and vegetable oil. Beat on medium for 2 minutes until well incorporated. Pour cake batter into prepared baking pan.
Bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked through. Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake, if the toothpick comes out clean the cake is done. Let the cake cool completely.
Remove the cake from the baking pan, and crumble it up in a big bowl. Add the powder sugar, rum, cocoa powder and the chopped pecans. Mix well. Initially you may think there's not enough moisture, but as you mix it, it will all incorporate really well and you will be able to roll rumballs.
Start rolling, the rumballs should be just a little over an inch in diameter. After you rolled them between your hands, roll them in the coconut.
- If you're looking for an alcohol free version, try a cake pop recipe.
- While rum is my favorite for this recipe, you can use whichever your favorite type of liquor is for the flavor.
- You can store the rumballs in an airtight container in the fridge for over a week. You can also freeze them stored in an airtight container.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 29g | Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.6g | Protein: 1.4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1.8g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 79mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 7.8g | Calcium: 20mg