Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Tex Mex Chilaquiles
These Tex Mex Chilaquiles can be on your table in only 20 minutes and are perfect for breakfast or brunch! These chilaquiles are loaded with turkey and smothered with cheese and green enchilada sauce.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 3 cups green enchilada sauce or green salsa
- 3 cups cooked turkey or chicken, shredded or cut in small pieces
- 5 oz tortilla chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 tomato chopped (optional)
- 2 green onions chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp feta cheese crumbled (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
Preheat your oven to 425 F degrees.
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of the green enchilada sauce on the bottom of the skillet then start layering with 1/3 of the turkey, 1/3 of the tortilla chips, top with 1/3 of the sour cream and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat with remaining enchilada sauce, turkey, chips, sour cream and cheese 2 more times, to make a total of 3 layers of each ingredient.
Bake for 10 minutes or until hot inside and all the cheese has melted.
Top with chopped tomatoes, green onions, feta cheese, cilantro and black pepper.
Serve while hot.
- If you want to use an egg for this recipe, you can either top the chilaquiles with a fried egg once they're done cooking or you can crack an egg right on top before putting the pan into the oven.
- You can use any type of meat for this recipe.
- You can use queso fresco instead of feta if you prefer.
- You can store this in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day. Unfortunately you can't store this in the freezer so be sure to eat this right away. These chilaquiles are best when fresh.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 565kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 1560mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1665IU | Vitamin C: 6.3mg | Calcium: 478mg | Iron: 2.6mg