Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Skillet Sloppy Joe Casserole
This Sloppy Joe Casserole is all made in one skillet! This super easy recipe features all the great flavors of your favorite Sloppy Joes and is topped with tender flaky biscuits.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 10 oz mushrooms cleaned and chopped (I used cremini mushrooms)
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits such as Pillsbury
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees.
In a large skillet heat the olive oil then add the ground beef. Cook the beef until it's no longer pink, breaking it up as you go along.
Add the onion, garlic, carrot and cook for about 3 more minutes until the onion and carrots soften a bit. Stir in the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes, until the mushrooms cook down.
Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, cinnamon, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Stir in the tomato sauce and ketchup. Remove from heat.
Top with biscuits, as many as you can fit, probably about 7 or 8, then brush with the melted butter.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle the top of the biscuits with some pepper and/or parsley.
Serve warm. You can also serve this with some shredded cheddar cheese if preferred.
- You can use any type of ground meat for this recipe. I used extra lean ground beef, so I didn't have to drain any fat. If you use a fattier meat I would recommend draining the fat after the meat is cooked.
- I used Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits for this recipe. You can use any type you prefer, even home made.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 787kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 1969mg | Potassium: 1230mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 3065IU | Vitamin C: 10.6mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 7.9mg