Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
This crockpot chicken noodle soup is a classic and hearty soup, requiring minimal effort giving you tender chicken, loads of noodles and a delicious broth.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 5 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin , optional
- 1 large onion peeled
- 2 large carrots peeled and sliced or chopped
- 2 stalks celery optional, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts with skin and bones (2 or 3 breasts)
- 2 tbsp Vegeta or 2 tsp chicken base
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 8 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp rosemary dried, optional
- 4 oz egg noodles wide dry (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped for garnish
Add the oil, onion, carrots, chicken, celery, Vegeta, salt, pepper, water, bay leaves and rosemary to your crockpot.
Cook on low for 8 hours or 4 hours on high.
Remove the onion and take out the chicken. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and shred with two forks. Add the chicken back to crockpot and add egg noodles. Cook for another 1 hour on high or until noodles are cooked.
Garnish with parsley.
- You can buy Vegeta on Amazon here.
- If you don't have Vegeta, you can use 2 tsp of chicken base or chicken bouillon instead.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 1221mg | Potassium: 305mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 65.5% | Vitamin C: 6.4% | Calcium: 3.7% | Iron: 5.5%