Add to Collection
Go to Collections
This Bourbon Chicken is a flavorful chicken dish where the chicken is marinated in a bourbon and soy sauce marinade. Served over rice, this dish is easy and delicious!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
Whisk all the marinade ingredients together in a medium bowl thoroughly. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, toss them around, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium to high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add half the marinade to the chicken and continue cooking until the marinade turns into a thicker sauce and the chicken is fully cooked. Should take another 5 to 10 minutes.
If you want some extra sauce, cook the remaining marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat, for about 5 to 10 minutes until it reduces about half and thickens a bit.
Serve the chicken over rice and garnish with chives.
- Chicken breast will work for this recipe if you'd like to cut down on the fat content.
- Whiskey, brandy, or scotch would work if you don't have bourbon. The alcohol evaporates completely during the cooking process, so it's completely safe for children.
- If you don't want to use red wine, try cranberry juice or even some chicken broth instead.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 363g | Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.95g | Protein: 54.21g | Fat: 13.94g | Saturated Fat: 2.385g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.195g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6.949g | Trans Fat: 0.019g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 1259mg | Potassium: 930mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 26.94g | Vitamin A: 4% | Vitamin C: 2% | Calcium: 5% | Iron: 9%