Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Asian Glazed Chicken Fingers
Asian Glazed Chicken Fingers - a healthy version of baked chicken fingers that are generously drizzled with an Asian inspired glaze.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
For the Asian Glaze
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (I had 4 chicken breasts), boneless and skinless
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
- 1 to 2 cups all-purpose flour for dredging
- salt and pepper to taste
- Green onions for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small sauce pan, whisk all the glaze ingredients together. Set aside.
Cut the chicken breasts into long thin strips. Place the chicken in a bowl and pour about a cup of buttermilk over the chicken. Get 3 shallow plates ready. Fill one with flour, one with remaining buttermilk and last with breadcrumbs. Line them up like an assembly line, chicken, flour, buttermilk, breadcrumbs. Season the flour and the breadcrumbs generously with salt and pepper.
Dredge each chicken finger through flour, then buttermilk, and lastly through breadcrumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all chicken fingers.
Bake them for about 30 to 45 minutes until they start to brown and chicken is cooked through. Cut one in half if needed to check for doneness.
If you wish to fry these, heat vegetable oil in a large skillet. Fry chicken on both sides for about 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
While chicken is baking, bring the sauce to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to a medium and cook until sauce reduces by half and thickens.
Generously drizzle sauce over chicken fingers. Garnish with chopped green onions, if preferred.
- You can store these fully cooked in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. Feel free to crisp them bake up in the oven when ready to feast.
- You can store these in the freezer for up to 1 month if you’d like to prepare these in advance. Just dredge the chicken strips and then lay them on a baking sheet and freeze them, uncooked. Seal in an airtight container once hard and bake at 425 F degrees for 20 – 25 minutes from frozen when ready to eat.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 1214mg | Potassium: 752mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 161IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 4mg