Last updated on April 23rd, 2019 at 03:17 pm
Asian Glazed Chicken Fingers – a healthy version of baked chicken fingers that are generously drizzled with an Asian inspired glaze.
I’ve got the perfect recipe for you today for super crispy chicken fingers glazed with a perfectly spiced sauce with honey, soy, sriracha and a bunch of other yummy ingredients. This chicken really is super crispy. I soaked the chicken fingers in buttermilk first to tenderize the meat, then dredged the chicken through flour, buttermilk again and finally in some nice Panko breadcrumbs.
The best thing about this recipe, however, is that the chicken is baked. I knew I was going to get questions if this can be baked or fried, so I made both. Since this recipe makes a lot of chicken fingers, I fried half and baked half. Both versions turned out equally delicious … BUT if you really want to know the truth, interestingly enough, the baked version retained its crispiness longer. So based on that I’m going to say that the baked version is my favorite.
If you’re worried about the chicken being too dry if you bake it, don’t. Don’t forget you’ve got that awesome glaze to drizzle all over the chicken fingers adding tons of flavor.
And now look at that face! This is my baby, as she’s waiting for chicken. I call this picture The Thinking Dog! Not that we all need to wonder what’s going on through that head of hers, because I know, it’s all thoughts about chicken and bacon. Good luck keeping this dog on a low protein diet. It’s not working too well! Beagles! Aren’t they the best? I may be biased here, but I think they are. Cute as a button!
Sorry to inundate you with all the exclamation marks above, but that’s just how I feel when it comes to talking about my pup. Love her to pieces.
Let’s get back to these pieces here, chicken pieces that is. Once they’re baked, generously drizzle them with this Asian inspired glaze, and I mean generously. The more glaze the better. I would serve these with a side salad, or with a side of roasted veggies like this broccoli.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Asian Glazed Chicken Fingers
For the Asian Glaze
- 2 to 3 lbs chicken breasts (I had 4 chicken breasts), boneless and skinless
- 1 to 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
- 1 to 2 cups all-purpose flour for dredging
- salt and pepper to taste
- Green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small sauce pan, whisk all the glaze ingredients together. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into long thin strips. Place the chicken in a bowl and pour about a cup of buttermilk over the chicken. Get 3 shallow plates ready. Fill one with flour, one with remaining buttermilk and last with breadcrumbs. Line them up like an assembly line, chicken, flour, buttermilk, breadcrumbs. Season the flour and the breadcrumbs generously with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each chicken finger through flour, then buttermilk, and lastly through breadcrumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all chicken fingers.
- Bake them for about 30 to 45 minutes until they start to brown and chicken is cooked through. Cut one in half if needed to check for doneness.
- If you wish to fry these, heat vegetable oil in a large skillet. Fry chicken on both sides for about 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- While chicken is baking, bring the sauce to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to a medium and cook until sauce reduces by half and thickens.
- Generously drizzle sauce over chicken fingers. Garnish with chopped green onions, if preferred.
More delicious recipes from my kitchen