Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry – forget take-out! In 15 minutes you can have this insanely delicious beef and broccoli stir fry! Way better than any restaurant version!
I’m sure you all have your favorite recipes that you make often, if not on a weekly basis, mostly because you just love them so much and they’re easy. Well this is mine! It’s the easiest dish to put together and the flavors are out of this world.
I remember the first time I made it, hubs thought I made a mistake and that’s why it turned out so good. Lots of faith he’s got in me, doesn’t he? But I showed him and made it over and over again, and every single time the same result. Absolute deliciousness.
The great thing here is that it’s quite affordable to put together too. You can use a cheaper cut of beef like a flank steak and then all you need is a head of broccoli. Most of the other ingredients should be right out of your pantry.
But it’s not the beef nor the broccoli that I find are the stars of this recipes. It’s the sauce. It’s garlicky, as usual I put a lot of garlic, it’s salty from the soy sauce, it’s spicy, it’s smooth, it’s just complete yumminess.
WHAT KIND OF MEAT IS BEST FOR BEEF AND BROCCOLI
For a dish such as this beef and broccoli, flank steak or skirt steak are your best choices. Flank steak or skirt steak are really tender cuts, making them perfect for quick, high heat cooking, plus they pack a lot of flavor.
HOW TO MAKE BEEF AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY
Cut the beef in really thin pieces. I find it easier sometimes if the meat is a bit frozen it’s way easier to slice it thin. To do this place the beef in the freezer for 20 minutes before slicing it.
Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Cook the beef for about 5 minutes in a little bit of olive oil, just until it starts to brown then you add that yummy sauce. You should see it start to thicken almost immediately from the cornstarch. If you don’t like or want to use cornstarch, you could use flour instead.
Now if you’re no fan of broccoli, use any vegetable(s) you like, bell peppers, maybe some carrots, you choose. I like to make a lot of sauce in this recipe, as you can see from the pictures, simply because I love the sauce on my rice or noodles, so this way it doesn’t feel like you’re just eating beef and broccoli and need extra soy sauce for your rice. There will be plenty of sauce here.
And that’s all there is to this little beef and broccoli stir fry. It’s so damn good, it’s way better than takeout, trust me and you know what ingredients go into it. You’ll love it! One thing I do want to point out to you is that please please use a low sodium soy sauce, otherwise this will be way too salty.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BEEF AND BROCCOLI
I love to serve my beef and broccoli over cooked rice such as Basmati or Jasmine rice, but sometimes I love it over noodles like ramen noodles or any Asian style noodles.
LOOKING FOR MORE BEEF RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Beef Broccoli Noodle Stir Fry
- Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Korean Beef Rice Bowls
- Mongolian Beef Ramen Noodles
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Beef and Broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb flank steak trimmed of fat and sliced thin against the grain
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic, sherry, honey, ginger, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, Sriracha sauce and beef broth. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the steak until it starts to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add sauce and stir in with the steak, it should start to thicken immediately.
- Add broccoli and cook for an additional 2 minutes until broccoli is tender and sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- A good substitute for the sherry would be apple cider.
- Nutrition information does not include rice or noodles.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.