Last updated on February 16th, 2018 at 07:57 pm
Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry – forget take-out! In 15 minutes you can have this insanely delicious beef and broccoli stir fry! Way better than any restaurant version!
I’m sure you all have your favorite recipes that you make often, if not on a weekly basis, mostly because you just love them so much and they’re easy. Well this is mine! It’s the easiest dish to put together and the flavors are out of this world. I remember the first time I made it, hubs thought I made a mistake and that’s why it turned out so good. Lots of faith he’s got in me, doesn’t he? But I showed him and made it over and over again, and every single time the same result. Absolute deliciousness.
The great thing here is that it’s quite affordable to put together too. You can use a cheaper cut of beef like a flank steak and then all you need is a head of broccoli. Most of the other ingredients should be right out of your pantry. But it’s not the beef nor the broccoli that I find are the stars of this recipes. It’s the sauce. It’s garlicky, as usual I put a lot of garlic, it’s salty from the soy sauce, it’s spicy, it’s smooth, it’s just complete yumminess.
The only secret here, if you could call it that, is to make sure you cut the beef in really thin pieces. I find it easier sometimes if the meat is a bit frozen it’s way easier to slice it thin. Then all you do is cook the beef for about 5 minutes in a little bit of olive oil, just until it starts to brown then you add that yummy sauce. You should see it start to thicken almost immediately from the cornstarch. If you don’t like or want to use cornstarch, you could use flour instead. Now if you’re no fan of broccoli, use any vegetable(s) you like, bell peppers would be nice here, maybe some carrots, you choose. I like to make a lot of sauce in this recipe, as you can see from the pictures, simply because I love the sauce on my rice or noodles, so this way it doesn’t feel like you’re just eating beef and broccoli and need extra soy sauce for your rice. There will be plenty of sauce here.
And that’s all there is to this little beef and broccoli stir fry. It’s so damn good, it’s way better than takeout, trust me and you know what ingredients go into it. You’ll love it! One thing I do want to point out to you is that please please use a low sodium soy sauce, otherwise this will be way too salty.
Want more beef? How about PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef?
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp sherry
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce or to taste
- 1/2 cup beef broth or chicken broth, low sodium or no sodium
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb flank steak trimmed of fat and sliced thin against the grain
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic, sherry, honey, ginger, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, Sriracha sauce and beef broth. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the steak until it starts to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add sauce and stir in with the steak, it should start to thicken immediately. Add broccoli and cook for an additional 2 minutes until broccoli is tender and sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.