This Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is a delicious and fast dinner, amazingly flavorful, featuring tender and tasty beef. This can be on your dinner table in 30 minutes.
Beef and broccoli has got to be my most favorite take out dish ever and it’s pretty much the only thing I’ll order when we go to a Chinese restaurant. However, making it at home is so much better! Think about it, no sad or soggy broccoli and no chewy or dry pieces of beef.
Not to mention that this is probably the easiest “faux” take-out you can make at home. A quick sauce, some flank steak and a head of broccoli is all you really need.
This beef and broccoli dish is quite affordable too because you’re using a cheaper cut of beef like a flank steak and you probably have all the sauce ingredients right in your pantry.
The end result is so incredibly delicious and the sauce is out of this world. It’s garlicky, salty, spicy and smooth. This dish is bound to become your family’s favorite “faux” take-out dinner.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT BEEF AND BROCCOLI
Start by making the sauce first and this is as easy as it can get. Use a jar, as it’s easier to combine all the ingredients together by shaking the jar, however you can alternatively whisk everything together in a bowl.
Cook the broccoli first, because broccoli is a fussy ingredient. You can either steam it separately or saute it in the Instant Pot as instructed in the recipe for a few minutes. Do not place it in the Instant Pot with the beef because it will overcook and get all mushy and brown.
Once the broccoli is cooked transfer it and set aside. Add some of sauce to the beef to flavor it and saute in the Instant Pot until no longer pink. Add the remaining sauce and cook it on high pressure for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli back and stir everything together. All that’s left is to garnish with some sesame seeds and serve.
WHAT KIND OF MEAT IS BEST FOR BEEF AND BROCCOLI
For a dish such as this beef and broccoli, flank steak or skirt steak are your best choices. Flank steak or skirt steak are really tender cuts, making them perfect for quick, high heat cooking, plus they pack a lot of flavor.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BEEF AND BROCCOLI
I love to serve my beef and broccoli over cooked rice such as Basmati or Jasmine rice, but sometimes I love it over noodles like ramen noodles or any Asian style noodles.
CRAVING MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Mongolian Beef
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- French Dip Sandwiches
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Butter Chicken
- Beef Stroganoff
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
Beef and Broccoli
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 lb flank steak trimmed of fat and sliced thin against the grain
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a jar add all the sauce ingredients. Close the lid and shake until everything is combined. Alternatively, you could whisk everything together in a bowl.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the sauce over the cut beef and toss well.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. (See your manufacturer's guide for detailed instructions on how to use your instant pot.)
- Add 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil to the Instant Pot and when the oil is hot add the broccoli florets. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the broccoli is a vibrant green color. Transfer the broccoli to a plate.
- Add the remaining vegetable oil to the Instant pot and when it's hot add the beef to it. Saute the beef for about 3 to 5 minutes until it starts to brown, then add the remaining sauce to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid (follow the manufacturer's guide for instructions on how to close the instant pot lid). Set the Instant Pot to the Manual (high pressure) setting and set the timer to 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a quick release to depressurize.
- Add the broccoli back to the Instant Pot and stir. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- TIP: To slice the steak easier, place it in the freezer for 20 minutes before slicing.
- MEAT: Best cut of beef for this recipe is flank steak or skirt steak.
- What is an Instant Pot: An IP is a multi-cooker, it's like seven different appliances all in one! It does the job of a slow cooker, pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, etc.
- I don't have an Instant Pot, can I still make this: Yes! Check out my Beef and Broccoli recipe here.
- Nutrition: Nutritional information does not include rice or noodles. Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.