Last updated on May 31st, 2018 at 02:08 pm
One Pot Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Pasta – this super easy dinner tastes just like chicken pot pie but in pasta form and it’s all done in one pot!
This is what happens when I’m left to my own devices, I cook more pasta. I actually made 4 pasta dishes in one day. I think I was Italian in my previous life, because I could eat pasta for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I love pasta so much that I even made this chicken pot pie pasta, which if I may say so myself, tastes just like freaking pot pie. Score! Now if I really had my way I probably would have stuck a puff pastry over the top of this dish and throw it in the oven, but that would have been carb overload and hubs might have thought I truly went bonkers. Not that I’m far off.
But I’m sure I’m not the only pasta lover out there, so for those of you suffering like I do, let’s make this!
At the risk of sounding crazy, I actually used my chicken pot pie recipe to make this and just adjusted it. And made it all in one pot! I mean let’s be serious here, how can you not love one pot meals, granted some dishes should take a long time and require lots of pots but let’s leave those for the weekend or when you have lots of time.
I used skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut up in small bite size pieces, onions, celery, carrots, a bit of flour, a bit of white wine and chicken broth, all the makings of a great chicken pot pie. Except we add a pasta instead and cook the pasta in that yummy broth, and that’s all she wrote.
No really, that’s all I’m going to write about it, because like I said, this really does taste like chicken pot pie.
Check out these other delicious one pot meals!
- One Pot Chicken and Peas Fettuccine Alfredo
- One Pot Chicken Fajitas with Pappardelle
- One Pot Chicken and Mushroom Tetrazzini
Let’s eat, shall we?
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
One Pot Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 6 chicken thighs skinless, boneless and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz pasta uncooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried rosemary)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onions, celery, carrot to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables soften.
- Add the chicken thighs to the pot and season everything with salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and vegetables and stir. Cook for a minute then add the white wine, chicken broth and the pasta. Stir everything together and adjust for seasoning as necessary with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15 minutes over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, then add the frozen peas and the rosemary. Stir everything together and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.