This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is made all in ONE POT and ready in only 30 minutes. It’s cheesy, it’s comforting, loaded with broccoli and super simple to make!
I wanted to share with you another favorite one pot recipe of mine. It has rice, chicken, cheese, and some broccoli. You know it’s going to be good. This chicken and rice dish is so delicious and a popular recipe on the blog.
Chicken and Rice Recipe
Chicken and rice! Who doesn’t love a good chicken and rice casserole sorta dish. But the beauty here is that it’s all made in one skillet, it’s quick and before you know it dinner is ready to be served.
My favorite part about this casserole is the cheese and I like to place the skillet under the broiler just for a minute or so until the cheese melts and starts to bubble. Simple, quick and pure comfort food. Can’t beat that.
How to Make This Chicken Rice Casserole
This easy dish comes together in 30 minutes and it’s extremely easy to make. Start by cooking the chicken with the onion first until it’s no longer pink inside. Add the broth and cream of chicken soup then add the rice and cook the rice.
The rice should take about 15 minutes to cook, depending on what type of rice you used. You could use instant rice to speed this up. Brown rice will take a lot longer to cook.
Add in the broccoli and cheese and continue cooking for a couple more minutes until the broccoli softens.
Top with more cheese and cover with the lid so that the cheese melts. The chicken is incredibly tender and juicy and the rice is perfectly cooked. Totally delicious!
As a side note, we just bought these skillets shown in the picture below, they’re from Starfrit called The Rock and I have to say they are the best skillets I’ve ever tried. Nothing, absolutely nothing sticks to them and no oil is necessary.
Not to mention they’re super easy to clean and they work on my induction stovetop. WIN! WIN!
Craving More Casseroles? Try These:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Deconstructed Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole
- Taco Lasagna
- Mighty Moussaka
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
One Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup rice uncooked
- 10 oz cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 3 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add chopped onion and cubed chicken. Cook on medium heat for a few minutes until the chicken starts to brown a bit. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until garlic gets aromatic.
- Add the rice, cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. Start with 2 cups of chicken broth and if more is needed add more until rice is fully cooked. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and cook over medium heat until the rice is fully cooked, stirring occasionally, should take about 15 minutes or so. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Add the broccoli florets and half the cheese then continue cooking for 2 more minutes, until broccoli softens a bit. Sprinkle over the top with remaining cheese and place the skillet under the broiler for a couple more minutes, just until it melts and starts to brown a bit.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste.