Last updated on April 13th, 2019 at 10:38 pm
This Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is your answer to a busy weeknight dinner. We’re talking creamy, cheesy rice casserole loaded with Ranch chicken and bacon!
I have to admit that I love using ranch seasoning mix in cooking, I just love all the flavor it gives to my food, plus it makes for some really simple cooking. I’m all about simple cooking and this casserole dish checks all the boxes.
This chicken casserole is so simple anyone can really do it because all you really have to do is dump all the ingredients together in a casserole dish and bake. Anyone can do this.
This chicken casserole is actually similar to the Crack Chicken Penne I posted a few weeks ago, as far as ingredients go. While that’s pasta based and it’s cooked on the stovetop, this casserole is rice based and baked in a casserole dish.
The great thing about this casserole dish is that you can actually even add more veggies to it, like frozen broccoli, peas, green beans, whatever you prefer.
CRAVING MORE CASSEROLES? TRY THESE:
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Deconstructed Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole
- Taco Lasagna
- Mighty Moussaka
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix (1 packet or 1 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups white rice uncooked, I used a short grain rice
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 slices bacon fried and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added
- 1/2 cup half and half *
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a medium size bowl toss the chicken together with the olive oil and 2 tbsp of the ranch seasoning mix; set aside.
- In a 9x13-inch casserole dish combine the rice, onion, garlic, half of the bacon, chicken broth, half and half and the remaining tbsp of ranch seasoning mix. Add the chicken and stir everything together.
- Top with remaining bacon and cheddar cheese. Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes covered, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Watch How To Make It
- Half and Half: Half and half has 12 percent fat content. Heavy cream can also be used. It is also called heavy whipping cream because it's whipping cream with a milk fat content between 36 and 40 percent.
- CHICKEN: I prefer chicken breast in this casserole dish, but boneless skinless thighs can be used as well.
- RICE: I prefer a short grain rice in this casserole because I like a stickier rice for a casserole dish, but a longer grain rice would work as well. Also brown rice can be used as well, but the cooking time would be a bit longer.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.