Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower is a delicious low-calorie and low-carb side that will substitute perfectly wherever you usually serve potatoes. They’re so good, you might just prefer them over their starchy counterparts!
Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower
I’m all about finding ways to cut down on heavy carbs and excessive calories without compromising deliciousness. While, of course, this recipe doesn’t taste exactly like potatoes, it tastes so good you might never go back.
I think the best part about this sneaky recipe is that even vegetable pessimists will love it. They never have to know it’s made with cauliflower, right? That can be a secret between us.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower
You most likely have everything you need to make this recipe all ready to go. Keep scrolling to get the full recipe and ingredient amounts.
- Broth – You can use either chicken or vegetable broth. Make sure to use low-sodium.
- Garlic – Add more or less depending on what you like.
- Cauliflower – I used one large head.
- Parmesan cheese – Fresh is always best.
- Greek yogurt – Make sure to get plain- we don’t want these to turn out sweet! Sour cream will also work.
- Salt & pepper – Season to taste.
What Else Can I Mix Into My Mashed Cauliflower?
Just like mashed potatoes, these are easy to customize and make extra delicious. Give some of these ideas a try:
- Chives or green onion
- Cheddar or gouda cheese
- Fresh herbs
- Chipotle peppers
- Spices like chili, curry, or Italian.
How to Make Mashed Cauliflower In The Instant Pot
- Cook the cauliflower: Add the broth and garlic to your Instant Pot, then put the trivet inside. Place the head of cauliflower, stems and leaves removed, on top of the trivet. Secure the lid and turn the valve to seal. Cook for 15 minutes on the steam setting. Quick release the pressure from the pot after the timer is up.
- Mash the cauliflower: While you can use a masher, a food processor works best. Break the cauliflower into pieces and add it to the food processor. Add the cheese, yogurt, salt, and pepper and pulse until smooth.
What to Serve With Mashed Cauliflower
To be honest, I could eat this out of a bowl all on its own. But of course it works best as a side! Give these recipes a try:
- Braised Lamb Shanks
- Balsamic Pork Loin
- Salisbury Steak Meatballs
- Chicken Madeira
- Baked Chicken Thighs
- Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce
- Rosemary Garlic Pork Roast
How to Store Leftover Mashed Cauliflower
Leftovers will last 3-5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. You can definitely make this recipe ahead of time if you need to, as well. Reheat in the microwave at one minute intervals, stirring in between.
While you can freeze leftovers, keep in mind cauliflower gets watery after it thaws and may change the consistency. It will last 10-12 months frozen.
Did You Love This Recipe? Try These!
- Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
- Instant Pot Rice
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower
- Add the chicken broth and garlic to your Instant Pot. Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot and the cauliflower on top of the trivet. Place the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to seal.
- Cook for 15 minutes on the Steam setting. When the timer goes off, turn the instant pot off. Quick release the pressure from the pot.
- Carefully transfer the cauliflower to your food processor, break it up in pieces as necessary. Do not add the liquid. Let the cauliflower rest for 10 minutes so it cools off a bit.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, yogurt, salt and pepper to the food processor and pulse until smooth or until you've achieved the desired consistency.
- Leftovers will last 3-5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. You can definitely make this recipe ahead of time if you need to, as well. Reheat in the microwave at one minute intervals, stirring in between.
- While you can freeze leftovers, keep in mind cauliflower gets watery after it thaws and may change the consistency. It will last 10-12 months frozen.