Last updated on May 31st, 2018 at 08:51 am
These Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks are gluten free, low carb and so delicious! Use this crust for breadsticks or for pizza. This recipe is a winner and a keeper!
How are you all doing? Ready for a simple recipe that’s gluten free, low carb and really easy to make? I hope you are because this recipe is a winner and a keeper.
I’m really excited to tell you about this recipe. I have made cauliflower pizza crust before but at that time I felt that there were maybe just too many ingredients in the crust. I wanted a different easier version. And I was craving cheesy breadsticks so this is how I ended up making this. I don’t think this recipe could get any simpler. You simply add the cauliflower to your food processor and pulse it a few times until the cauliflower resembles rice then microwave the cauliflower for 10 minutes. You then add eggs and cheese, some spices if preferred and shape it into your crust. That’s it! No squeezing the heck out of it to get all the water out, none of that is required and no worries, you will not end up with a soggy crust. Quite the opposite, you will have a nice firm crust. You just cannot get any easier than this.
I chose to make these breadsticks because I was just craving some cheesy breadsticks, but this recipe makes 2 pizza crusts, so with one I actually made a chicken pizza, which was very simple, just added some pizza sauce, cheese and some roasted chicken I had in the fridge. I didn’t take any pictures because we were starving at the time and we ate the whole thing in a couple minutes.
That’s right, even the hand model loved it. But that’s the beauty of this crust, you can’t really taste the cauliflower and it really does hold together, you don’t have to worry that when you pick up a breadstick or a slice of pizza that it will all fall apart. You see the trick is the eggs and the cheese, that’s what’s holding it all together, so you have nothing to worry about.
Looking for more cauliflower recipes? Try these:
- Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- Indian Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken and Roasted Chickpeas
- Cauliflower Poppers
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Prepare 2 pizza dishes or a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make sure your cauliflower is roughly chopped in florets. Add the florets to your food processor and pulse until cauliflower resembles rice.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwavable container and cover with lid. Microwave for 10 minutes. Let the cauliflower cool just until there's no more steam coming from it. Place the microwaved cauliflower in a large bowl and add the eggs, 2 cups of mozzarella, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Separate the mixture in two and place each half onto the prepared baking sheets and shape into either a pizza crust, or a rectangular shape for the breadsticks.
- Bake the crust (no topping yet) for about 25 minutes or until nice and golden. Don't be afraid the crust is not soggy at all. Once golden, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve.
What you’ll need: